MARLOW COTTAGE HOSPITAL
6 MARLOW COTTAGE HOSPITAL
Cambridge House, the original Cottage hospital on the Northernboundary of Riley Park, was opened in 1889 and in its first year had 25 patients. It served the town for many years before A Charitable Trust was set up in 1913, to re site the Cottage Hospital, to larger premises on their current site in Victoria Road. The brother of a practitioner in West Street, Berkeley Wills, was an architect involved in the new building which was to cost £2000. The new Cottage Hospital was opened by General Higginson in 1915. The Matron was Miss ‘Bobby’ Schilling.