OXFORD LANE ALMS HOUSE (BRINKHURST) TRUST
5 OXFORD LANE ALMS HOUSE (BRINKHURST) TRUSTOn 20 July 1608, local land owner John Brinkhurst founded and endowed six Alms-houses and gardens on land which is now the corner of Cambridge and Oxford Roads. Four houses were given to Marlow Parish and two to Bisham Parish, to be provided for poor widows of good character, residing for not less than five years in either of the parishes. Since the death of John Brinkhurst in 1614 the Alms-houses have been managed by Trustees. The original brick Alms-houses were demolished in 1968 to make way for more suitable residential accommodation.